Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bridget's Favorite Things

We here at WWBD? have every intention of taking over the world once Oprah relinquishes her crown next spring. What else to do when preparing for World Domination than to compile a list of our favorite things? Unfortunately, current budgetary restraints don't allow for us to share with you, our loyal readers. So while there may not be uniformed caterers popping into your room to serve you, and there certainly won't be the keys to a new vehicle under your chair, we still want to share these new discoveries with you. Mostly because they have made our lives awesome, and we want your lives to be awesome too.





Grayer says...
This is the best invention for women since the birth control pill. Sure, it's about $40 but you'll never have to buy tampons or "sanitary napkins" ever again! To top it off, it's environmentally friendly because those tampons and sanitary napkins create billions of tons waste every year. Gross! The Diva Cup is available at environmentally friendly stores, such as REI or Whole Foods. You can wear it all day and all night with out having to worry about leakage, a spare tampon, or my biggest fear of store brand sanitation, Toxic Shock Syndrome (caused by that pesky Staph aureus). Once you go cup, you won't ever want to give it up.


Violet says...
I am absent-minded and very forgetful, and would therefore always, ALWAYS forget to throw some tampons in whatever purse I was using at the moment. That is why I love the Diva Cup. I can go on with my daily life, and not worry about running to the bathroom, or whether or not I have an extra tampon with me. Especially wonderful when traveling, when bathrooms are at a premium.

Fenella says...
These have not made it over the pond yet. They better pretty soon though.


  • Homemade, Fresh-fruit smoothies

Violet says...
I never owned a blender until my roommate recently acquired one, and now we can't stop making fresh smoothies. Strawberries, half a banana, a bit of orange juice, and some ice, and you've got yourself a refreshing, tasty treat. And several servings of fruit. (Strive for 5, kids!) The other day I made a pineapple/passion fruit smoothie that rocked my socks off. Hint: Even if you don't care for bananas in your smoothie, you still need one to achieve the desired texture.

Grayer says...
I've been way into smoothies lately. They're my on the go breakfast while walking to the T. The great thing about smoothies is no matter what you put in it, it still tastes good. I put frozen fruit in mine along with plain or vanilla yogurt, milk or juice, and some protein for staying power. If everything's cold, there's no need for ice. (And I disagree, you don't need bananas for texture).



  • Glee

Grayer says...
We have a certain weakness for singing and choreographed dancing. If you're not watching it, well, you might as well start. It won't be going away anytime soon. Though I'm not loving this season, it's still damn entertaining.

Violet says...
Nothing makes me wish I had any kind of singing ability more than this show. Or that I had had a teacher like Mr. Schuester (who I would have had a total crush on). And have you heard their version of Britney Spears' Toxic? Awesome.

Fenella says...
Glee makes my Monday evenings. The fact that I live in the backwater that is the UK means that the second series doesn't start until January and I am suffering serious withdrawal symptoms. And Mr Schuester? If he was my teacher I would definitely be fluent in Spanish by now.

  • Seasonal brews
Grayer says...
Guys love a girl that drinks beer, it's a proven fact. Seasonal/Regional brews are the best brews. Nothing says "fall" like Shipyard Pumpkinhead. Nothing says "oooooh, oooh yeahhhh" like Southern Tier's Choklat Stout. This winter stout is like an orgasm in a glass, no joke. This beauty will leave you smiling and satisfied, which is more then I can say for certain men, and at 11%, one glass will leave you with a lovely glazed over look. I call that getting krunked with class.


  • Zumba

Grayer says...
Since I'm a sucker for choreographed dance, I'm a sucker for Zumba. Hip songs with repeating steps that about half way through the song, you actually start picking up. And when I do actually get those steps I feel like I'm dancing back up for Janet Jackson (ok, insert someone cooler here). I don't know why men haven't gotten in on this, with all the booty shaking going on. Some people hate it, but that's usually because they have no rhythm/coordination.



Violet says...
You've never heard of this band, especially if you don't live in Atlanta, but you should. They are definitely unique with their riverboat jazz sound and fun lyrics. Also, I have a total crush on their trombonist, (yes, they have a trombonist) mostly because he looks like Paul Rudd. With a beard. Look them up, and if you like them, download them. They're on iTunes! Don't miss Oh Angela!, March of the Hookers, or Old Man Cabbage.


  • Winter pyjamas
Fenella says...

We all know that scene in Bridget Jones Diary where Ms Bridget is sat in her pyjamas, drinking wine and listening to Sad FM? I too have a pair of pyjamas very similar to these. And they are amazing. Now that the nights are drawing in and it's bitterly cold there is nothing better then getting home from work, getting into my pyjamas and making friends with a bottle of wine. Do I kick my leg up in the air and play guitar with a magazine? You bet I do.

2 comments:

Violet said...

I need to try zumba. It's right up my alley. And the cute neighbor has gotten me to drink beer. I'm still picky about it, but my palate is definitely expanding!

Grayer said...

I'll bring you some choklat stout home for Christmas (it's highly unlikely you can get it down there). It's going to knock your socks off.