Monday, October 25, 2010

You had me at HGTV.

I need to gush about my most recent date to someone.  That someone is you. 

On Saturday I went out with Jonny Damon, not the real Johnny Damon (that would be craaaazy), but a guy who I will be calling Jonny Damon for several reasons.  1. Red Sox fan (JD played for the Sox) 2. Beard (in all it's glory) 3. Wicked cute (women would probably be wearing his face on tshirts).

I had high hopes for Jonny Damon.  So high that I was really excited/nervous about our first meeting.  He doesn't live in the city so I met him halfway for dinner.  Yes, dinner for our first meeting, very risky.  But I had a good feeling about JD, and I also had to drive 15 minutes so yeah, I was going to eat dinner.  Firstly, let me tell you how cute he is.  He is sooooo cuuuuuute.  Light brown hair, blue eyes, well trimmed beard.  He is fun to look at.  I almost question if he is too hot for me (but then I remember I am awesome).

Secondly, let me tell you how cool he is.  He's freaking awesome.  He's funny and he thinks I'm funny, which is extremely important to me.  He has a degree in elementary education and wants to teach the second grade (how cute is that?).  Until he finds a teaching job he's been doing carpentry (how hot is that?).  We have a lot in common.  He appreciates 90s Nickelodeon tv just as much, if not more than I do (he owns all episodes of Salute your Shorts and Are you afraid of the Dark?!).   He loves doing home renovations and watches a lot of HGTV (I can not be torn away from renovation/home shows on HGTV!).   He collects sea glass (I just went to a sea glass festival!).  I could go on and on. 

We met for dinner at 7:30, it was packed.  We left around midnight, it was completely deserted.  So yes, I think it's safe to say it went pretty well.  I think we made plans for 4 possible dates in the future.  Things we really want to do but no one else wants to do with us (like horror movies and brewery tours).  I can't get to excited about that yet, one day at a time right?  He texted me today, just to tell me he had a great time on Saturday and that he hopes he can see me this weekend.  This made me ridiculously happy.  Boy, you can see me anytime you want.  Did I mention how cute he is? He's soooo cuuuute.

In the meantime, I not going to turn off OkCupid.  As Violet put it, "In dating, you can't put all your eggs in one basket."  But me liking Jonny Damon so much really made me question if I should see the 35 year old again.  Which I guess I should.  Jonny Damon after all will probably have a date this week so why shouldn't I? 

1 comment:

Violet said...

Glad to hear that he's soooooo cuuuuuute. Unfortunately, I've learned about putting all your apples in one basket the hard way. It's best to be cautiously optimistic. But it sure sounds like you've got a lot to be optimistic about!