Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dangerous liaisons

Two weeks ago I came to you with a situation. A situation to end all situations. You gave me advice for my dilemma of two men in one apartment, the Karaoke Kid and The Roommate. Let's be honest, I wasn't going to take just-friends-or nothing-at-all advice. That's just not my style. So I continued to seek advice until I found some advice that I liked. A very wise friend pointed out something to me. They're guys. This simple fact makes everything ok. Think about it, if this occurred with two female roommates/friends, it would be the scandal of the century. Basically because women are overly dramatic and would have to see it as choosing a guy over a friend. Guys? Not so much.

Even The Roommate agreed with this assessment. When he told his other roommate and another close friend (both of whom were there that eventful night) they both responded with a "that's awesome." They agreed, we did nothing wrong. These things happen and it's the Karaoke Kid's own fault for blowing it. (This is all his fault really). Blowing it, seems to be a common theme with him and his lady friends. (My advice to him would be to actually make an effort to date a girl, look what happens when he just lazily invites a girl out with him and his friends. Seriously, look what happens!). Although the other friends know, we still haven't let the Karaoke Kid in on the secret.

Secret liaisons are not easy. Twice now, The Roommate has had to cancel on me because he finds himself alone with the Karaoke Kid. For guys that are always doing stuff together and have all the same friends, it would be very out of character for him to up and leave with no explanation. So why haven't we (or he) told KK? Good question. I think we're waiting it out. 1. KK is a sensitive guy and The Roommate doesn't think he'll take it as well as most guys would. 2. We're not going to make it a "thing" until it's actually a "thing". We don't know what we're doing, we're just hanging out right now. And 3. The "just friends" transition is happening as we speak. I haven't seen/heard from the Karaoke Kid since I slammed the door behind me that shameful morning (other than a text and a Facebook invite to a party this weekend). When I do actually see/talk to him, I will be sure to actually mention the "just friends" transition. (Me? Actually talk about something openly? Shocking, I know).

1 comment:

Fenella said...

Humph. What is the point of us giving you our wonderful advice if you're just going to ignore it :p

However, not following our advice is going to be much more entertaining.

So in this instance, well done for ignoring us.