Sunday, March 1, 2009

My three year drought

In order for you to fully understand the significance of recent events, I must make a somewhat embarrassing confession…

This January marked the three year anniversary of my last kiss. Sadly, the last guy I kissed was the Premature “I love you” guy. And before you assume that this three year drought was due to lack of effort on my part, I’d like to state for the record that I have been on numerous dates since then and put forth an honest effort to meet snoggable men (Exhibit A: My Adventures in Online Dating). Also, while I’m not overly self confident when it comes to men, I refuse to believe that my bad luck with relationships (or lack thereof) is due to my appearance or personality. I am clearly awesome and worthy of bold declarations of love as demonstrated by the Premature “I love you” guy.

Anyway, I have been talking to The Engineer consistently, through email and phone, since my first date with him last week. Thus far, all signs tell me that he is just that into me. This is new for me but somehow we have maintained the right balance between me feeling completely smothered and feeling insecure about whether or not he is interested. (I am an independent woman, complete without boyfriend!)

So, I had my second date with The Engineer this weekend. (Note that this fulfills one of my New Years Resolutions. Hoorah!) We went to dinner and then back to his place to watch a movie. During the movie we cuddled; however, this was partly out of necessity as his giant dog was hogging a majority of the couch. And to my great surprise he kissed me at the end of the movie! (If it wasn’t for my three year drought, I doubt I would have been surprised by this occurrence.) Some snogging did ensue and I am happy to report that there were no uncomfortable declarations of love or heavy breathing!

In closing, I’d like to take a moment to thank The Engineer for ending my three year drought.

No comments: