Thursday, April 9, 2009

The seven week slump?

Tomorrow marks seven weeks since my first date with The Engineer. I know this shouldn’t be a momentous occasion but for me it is a major accomplishment. Sure I’ve gotten this far with other guys before but at this point I’m usually considering the best way to break up with the guy. (This might be a good time for me to confess that I gathered the courage to break up with the Premature “I love you” guy from a fortune cookie. It said “Do something you’d rather not do today.”)

I’m happy to report that I’m still feeling optimistic about The Engineer. I’m quite proud of myself actually. When I made plans to visit Violet over a month from now, I was even thinking in the back of my mind maybe he could drive me to the airport!

So you’ll understand that it came as quite a surprise to me when The Engineer committed a major dating blunder this week. We had plans for dinner after work yesterday and The Engineer sent me a text message saying that he got tied up at work and had to stay late so he couldn’t make dinner. This of course wasn’t his mistake…I understand things come up. I was confident that he would call to explain and maybe even apologize for canceling later that night. He has been remarkable reliable thus far so I had no reason to think overwise. When I didn’t hear from him last night I was somewhat disappointed in him but my resolve did not falter. But here I sit over 24 hours later thinking seriously all I get is a text?!?! The Engineer is seriously in danger of committing fuckwittage if he hasn’t already.

Am I wrong to have such confidence in him when he has given me no reason to doubt that he is dependable? Is he so comfortable with me now that he doesn’t feel the need to impress me? Is this what I have to look forward to in the future?

I am determined to wait for him to call. And I do expect some groveling! (The amount of groveling should be directly proportional to the amount of time he waits to call.)

1 comment:

Violet said...

This is very odd. There is a whole host of possible reasons for his peculiar behavior (and I certainly hope The Disappearance isn't one of them). My only advice is to keep yourself busy and try to keep your mind off of it (nearly impossible, I know).